The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a DoD Administrative Support Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The DoD Administrative Support Specialist will perform a variety of duties primarily in support of the CECOM ILSC Field Support Division (FSD) and its subordinate Branches, but may assist other Directorates in ILSC.
1. Creates and processes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders for CONUS and OCONUS PSC action of employees of IAW the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Collects employee data to support PCS order estimates. Works with G8 personnel to ensure proper accounting codes and cost estimates. Reviews and processes PCS related travel vouchers IAW the JTR and applicable DoD regulations. Processes and reviews foreign entitlements IAW the JTR and Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Reviews and processes DoD National Relocation Program (DNRP) documents such as home sale and property management of assigned employees. Assists employees on PCS, DNRP, and overseas tour entitlement related questions. Develops and maintains an employee database on Excel and Microsoft SharePoint to track the PSC operations and employee status, current location, future locations, and report dates, as well intermediate dates to track and be aware of the status of orders. Briefs leadership on status and issues, and provides expert consulting services reference entitlements.
2. Processes all mission-related Overtime (OT) request and manages the workflow for the OT approval process IAW with CECOM policy. Updates and maintains the organization’s OT procedures to ensure compliance with CECOM policies and applicable Army Material Command (AMC) and DoD regulations. Maintains OT records on the Branch Microsoft (MS) SharePoint (SP) site. Functions as the focal point for all official taskers that are assigned to FSD and its subordinate branches. Manages the workflow of all taskers by utilizing the organization’s MS SP based tasking system. Ensures that deadlines are met and taskers are completed IAW applicable guidelines. Plans and schedules meetings, hiring interviews, and semiannual mobility panel conferences. Generate memos, emails and reports as required. Retrieves and processes budget information and mission-related data from the Defense Travel System (DTS), the Global Support Center (GSC), and other database systems to build an overall mission and training recourse utilization reports and metrics. Respond to questions and requests for information. Arranges daily branch workflow by analyzing requirements and preparing branch battle rhythm through knowledge of branch capabilities, subject matter, and logic. Develops processes and policies to replace or improve current branch battle rhythm. Act as the point of contact for internal and external customers. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports. Briefs leadership on status and issues within the purview of this position.
3. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Time keeper assistance, reviews and processes time and attendance in DoD Automated Time and Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) for assigned personnel.
- Prepares and maintain personnel files and records in compliance with records management requirements.
- Reviews, processes, and tracks claims for reimbursement of expenditures for those on official business
- Creates and processes commercial carrier shipping documentation as required.
- Functions as alternate Deployment Coordinator.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- The position requires analytical abilities, sound judgment, knowledge of the organization, and the ability to manage programs.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Candidates must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is also required. Familiarity with the JTR, DSSR, and Departed of the Army (DA) as well as the DoD publication system is required.
- Candidates must be able to interpret regulatory guidance and conduct independent research on issues as they arise.
- Able to research complex PCS questions and provide accurate information about entitlements.
- A bachelor degree is preferred, but 1 - 2 years of job-related experience may be substituted instead of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active Secret security clearance.
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment