The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal customers through applying services and tailoring solutions that solve our customer’s problems with our focus always on our true customer the soldier, the sailor, the airmen and the marine. It is our purpose as an organization to deliver service and solution ensuring our true customer's Mission Readiness.
The Lockwood Group, originally founded as a family startup, is now a mature rapidly growing provider to the DOD and Federal Government seeking an experienced Proposal Manager responsible for leading the development of best-in-class proposals.
The Lockwood Group is currently a prime on Best in Class Vehicles GSA OASIS Pool 1 and Pool 3 along with Army EXPRESS Logistics and GSA PSS program with a substantial pipeline. This opening is a great opportunity for self-motivated candidates with growth ambitions to take their skills to the next level serving as the key strategic resource for our Proposal Center of Excellence and Growth Operations to secure next stage growth for the company!
This is a ground floor opportunity to join a company with significant ambitions and help to establish our Proposal Center of Excellence. Our leadership team is being built out across geographic regions therefore we are seeking 1 candidate that lives within 60 miles of the following company locations: Belcamp, MD or Philadelphia, PA or Huntsville, AL.
Proposal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Proposal Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Responsible for leading proposals cradle to grave alongside our Account Management and Growth teams.
- Complete RFIs and RFPs with accuracy, completeness and timeliness, in order to give the Company the best opportunity to win business.
- Collaborate with team members in other departments to develop complete, professional proposals within the time allotted.
- Work with Account Management and Growth team to identify potential new work opportunities.
- Works on Account Management and Growth initiatives for the benefit of the Company as a whole.
- Continue personal growth and learning to increase standing in the company.
- Supports capture team to improve our probability of win.
- Assist in developing a full life cycle approach to winning new business.
- Develop company's cradle to grave proposal management process.
- Help to baseline our GSA OASIS and EXPRESS program pipelines.
The Lockwood Group
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of experience in proposal development.
- Exceptional writing and story telling skills
- Experience with database and collaboration software, such as SharePoint
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency with Adobe products
- Strongly Preferred: Experience developing proposals to be submitted for Federal Government or DoD work.
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the sailor and the marine.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
Our mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why clients choose The Lockwood Group. we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Lockwood Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.