Are you seeking to join an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company? Are you ambitious and looking to make a difference? Are you looking to be rewarded for your successes? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Who we are?
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness to our customers. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. Our service delivery is customer-driven with intent to uncover, understand, and solve our customer’s underlying problems.
What we are looking for?
The Lockwood Group, originally founded as a family startup, is now a mature rapidly growing provider to the DOD and Federal Government seeking a hungry, ambitious Proposal Manager to lead the development of best-in-class proposals.
The Lockwood Group has a vast pipeline and is hungry to bid! We are a prime on multiple prime contract vehicles supporting the federal government including Best in Class contract GSA OASIS Small Business Pool 1 and Pool 3, the Army's EXPRESS Logistics used by customers in Huntsville and the GSA MAS Schedule program. This opening is a great opportunity for self-motivated candidates with growth ambitions to take their skills to the next level serving as the key strategic resource for our Proposal Center of Excellence and Growth Operations to secure next stage growth for the company!
This is a ground floor opportunity to join a company with significant ambitions, help to establish our Proposal Center of Excellence and be rewarded along the way.
Our leadership team is being built out across geographic regions; we are seeking 1 candidate within the listed regions that encompass our current customer markets.
Proposal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading proposals cradle to grave alongside our Accounts Management and Growth teams.
- Apply creative writing skills to complete RFIs and RFPs with accuracy, completeness and timeliness, in order to give the Company the best opportunity to win business.
- Collaborate with team members in other departments to develop complete, professional proposals within the time allotted.
- Work with Account Management and Growth team to identify potential new work opportunities.
- Works on Account Management and Growth initiatives for the benefit of the Company as a whole.
- Continue personal growth and learning to increase standing in the company.
- Support capture team to improve our probability of win.
- Assist in developing a full life cycle approach to winning new business.
- Develop company's cradle to grave proposal management process and all volumes.
- As required support the capture management team attending Industry Days, customer meetings and other customer related engagements.
Proposal Manager Requirements and Qualifications
Lockwood Incentive Based Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of experience in proposal development.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Experience with database and collaboration software, such as SharePoint
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency with Adobe products
- Knowledge and training in a proposal process such as the Shipley proposal process
- Strongly Preferred: Experience developing proposals to be submitted for Federal Government or DoD work.
- Please note that extended hours may be required in order to meet proposal deadlines.
- Must have, or must have ability to obtain and maintain, TS/SCI, Top Secret, or Secret clearance.
The Lockwood Group has designed an incentive reward based compensation plan commensurate with applicant's relevant experience.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.