The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the sailor and the marine.
The Lockwood Group is currently recruiting a Deputy Program Manager
to support a new requirement at Fort Hood, TX.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of management experience supporting Operations/Program/Project Management in ILS, Training and Fielding contracts.
- Be capable of coordinating work schedules/assignments of contractor and subcontractor employees.
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing with the Government Contracting, Fielding, and Management personnel.
- Maintain and manage detailed cost and schedule status of work progress.
- Ability to organize and management concurrent projects for remote teams, including Fielding, Product development, and/or formal classroom and virtual instructor‐led NET training and delta training to soldiers and customers IAW established/approved POIs and training materials.
- BA/BS or 5 years relevant management experience
- Proven experience managing remote mission-based personnel & subcontractors conducting fielding & training of complex PEO C3T an PEO IEW&S products.
- Additional technical experience & knowledge desired, eg PM Mission Command family of products, PM Tactical Radio & communications equipment, electronics equipment, classroom configuration and maintenance, and reporting.
- US Citizenship is required, must have a valid US Driver's License.
- ACTIVE Secret
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lockwood Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.