The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal Government customers through the application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with the focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airman, the seaman and the Marine. We were originally founded as a family startup and are now a mature rapidly growing service provider to the Federal Government seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join, grow and help us deliver Mission Readiness!
The Lockwood Group is growing rapidly with the award of major prime contracts supporting Department of Defense customers. Enabling our growth, The Lockwood Group is seeking a qualified Contracts Manager to manage the organization's Contracts Department. We would expect this individual to be a self-starter, highly motivated and be able to work/lead autonomously.
Top 4 Attributes we are seeking in this candidate:
Contract Management and Compliance Accountability and Duties
- Interpersonal skills: lead interface to coordinate, communicate, collaborate, and drive decision making between our Contracts Departments, our Customers (Government and industry,) Subcontractors, Accounts and Programs/Projects for the company’s portfolio of contracts.
- Compliance and Contract Audit: background and interest maintaining compliant, well-organized contract files in accordance to Federal Acquisition Regulations and in alignment to all company Terms and Conditions.
- Self-starting problem solver who adapts to unexpected challenges
- Attention to detail in a deadline driven environment
Additional Duties As Assigned
- Administers Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant contracts/subcontracts with multiple contract types of Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), Time and Material /(T&M), and Firm Fixed Price/ (FFP).
- Submits accurate, professional, and timely deliverables; ensures all contractual documentation is maintained in accordance with company process/procedures.
- Establish file management system for submission and Deliverables approvals.
- Administration of IDIQs and GSA contracts to include: GSA OASIS Pool 1, GSA OASIS Pool 3, Seaport NexGen, EXPRESS Logistics Program and GSA PSS Schedule
- Set up effective systems to manage all incoming and outgoing contractual workflow for all market projects/programs.
- Regular interface with The Lockwood Group customers, Government Contracting Officers and Prime Subcontracting Managers.
- In partnership with Program and Project Manager, develop negotiation strategy and plan/lead, where appropriate, conduct contract negotiations with the Federal Government Client and Prime Contractors when in the Subcontractor position.
- Acts as Contractual Department formal interface with authority to negotiate contractual actions with customers, to include NDAs, TAs, and contract Terms, Conditions, and Clauses.
- Oversee additional contractual resources to include outsourced contractual resources assigning work when required.
- Lead weekly and ad-hoc contracts meetings alongside Program Manager, Project Managers, Finance & Accounting, Program Control and Executive resources.
- Ensures compliance with all Terms and Conditions of contracts and subcontracts are met.
- Monitors non-technical deliverable requirement compliance.
- Establish consistent and easy to understand contract file management in secure IT portal.
- Ensures proper billing, labor category assignment and qualified labor is delivered to our customers.
- Maintain integrity of Qualified Labor via Labor Category assignments, resumes, and with approvals against each of Lockwood’s contracts kept in centralized repository to ensure we maintain 100% compliance in delivery of qualify labor while ensuring we successfully pass audits.
- Establish and manage the workflow for Work Authorization assignments ensuring 100% compliance in accordance with DCAA standards.
- In partnership with Finance and Accounting and Program Control, ensure Accounts Receivable are paid in accordance with our contract terms and conditions to maintain low Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) for accounts receivable.
- Help to set up a FAR compliant Subcontract Management and Purchasing System to include Vendor Management and Purchase Order Requests.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing flow of contracts compliance and communications across The Lockwood Group’s portfolio of IDIQ contracts.
- Support Capture and Proposal team on IDIQ contracts.
- Candidate must pass a background check and must be able to obtain a secret level clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Contract Management or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Government Contracting and Contracts Management field.
- Working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and other supplements.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- MS Office Suite proficiency to include a file management system like Sharepoint.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), Time and Material (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract/subcontract types.
- Knowledge of the full lifecycle of contracts/subcontracts from initial award through contract closeout.
Additional “nice to have” Qualifications
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager certification
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience administering GSA schedules.
- Experience administering Army EXPRESS contract vehicle.
- Experience with Multi-Agency Multi-Award Task Order Award Contracts such as GSA OASIS.
- Experience supporting agency audit(s), such as Purchasing System.
- Experience managing a team of contract, compliance and control staff in execution & management of multiple contracts.
- Experience working within ERP Purchase Order system, prefer UNANET.
Lockwood Benefits and Growth
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits packages, and a 401(k) plan with Company match. We continually seek to improve our offerings to our team members.
Lockwood provides internal growth opportunity through our Corporate Titles and increasing responsibility. We are very ambition and individuals joining the team will have opportunities to grow their skills, team and sphere of influence within the organization.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.