The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group is seeking a RAM Engineer to join our Elite Team supporting the US Army Fixed Wing Project Office (FWPO).
- Provide Technical, Logistical and Programmatic support across a diverse fleet of the International & Transport Aircraft (ITA) under U.S. Army Fixed Wing Project Office (FWPO) purview.
- Support and oversee simultaneous complex system modification/upgrade projects while exercising management (plan, organize, coordinate and control) skills.
- Prepare and develop budgetary estimates for modification efforts.
- Coordinate with industry partners/leaders and technical counterparts to define requirements for aircraft modifications and sustainment efforts.
- Act as liaison with U.S. Department of State, other U.S. agencies, foreign entities, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) to support aircraft, engine, and avionics needs/issues.
- Interact and harmonize with Systems Readiness Directorate (SRD), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transport Canada (TC) and the European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) in support of aircraft airworthiness.
- Monitor and review Contractor Logistical Support (CLS) and be intimately familiar FAA FAR Part 145 for Repair Station Operators.
- Function as Technical Lead for a variety of platform Working Groups, Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM).
- Serve as a Technical Advisor to the Product Manager on all matters pertaining to worldwide operations.
- Prepare and present briefings to management/leadership detailing program status that highlights known issues, test results, analysis, findings/recommendations, conclusions, and program risks.
- Coordinate and interact with various non-technical FWPO personnel.
- Conduct program reviews, apply critical analysis, and offer constructive feedback for:
- Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM)
- Feasibility studies
- Capability studies
- Requirements packages
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Cost performance trade-off analysis
- Trade-off studies/analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Risk assessment
- Test results
- US Citizen who has or can obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Possess an elevated understanding of fixed wing aircraft/aircraft systems operation on military and civil variant aircraft.
- Minimum 8-years of firsthand experience working aviation projects (fixed wing preferred).
- Engineering degree preferred but not required in lieu of extensive maintenance and modification/upgrade experience in a leadership role.
- Functional experience in Systems Engineering and Project Management.
- Be able to work at a high level within Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the year to CONUS/OCONUS locations.
- Exposure to or experience in U.S. Army acquisition process.
- Be able to build strong working relationships with FW PO management, support organizations, stakeholders, and peers through timely, consistent, transparent, and effective communication
- Possess an ability to be responsive while remaining flexible to technical and programmatic change.
- Own and exercise strong oral and written communication skills.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.