The Lockwood Group Summary
Our cause, our North Star, our very reason for existence is to deliver mission readiness to the Federal Government and Department of Defense - most critically focused on the soldier, airman, sailor and Marine - who proudly go above and beyond to protect and serve. Our very existence is predicated on our ability to ensure their safety and readiness. We understand mission readiness as a measurable, reliable sense of preparedness. We know what achieves it. We know what prevents it. We accelerate our customers towards mission readiness through our suite of services and custom, situational solutions—all while staying true to our organizational core values.
The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for Systems Engineer
supporting our Army customer at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
This position will shape and execute work that enables architectural design, rapid prototyping & experimentation (with supporting analysis) and integration in close collaboration with Industry partners, Units, and government leadership, to define, develop, and acquire the next generation tactical Army Command and Control (C2) systems. These C2 Systems are a mix of software and hardware-based tactical Information Technology providing services and applications for the warfighter and Army staff.
- Running the Data Management and Interoperability Group (DMIG)
- Provide a working group forum to the Army and Joint C2 systems Stakeholders to maintain interoperability as defined by the Army Data Strategy
- Manage and maintain Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS) standards
- Data Distribution System (DDS), DDS Advertisement Publication Profile (DAPP), and DDS Subscription Profiles (DSPs), Variable Message Format (VMF), United States Message Text Formatting (USMT)
- Manage a Mission Command Technical Management Division (TMD) Configuration Control Board (MC TMD CCB)
- Review Standards Taskers
- Support numerous standards related meetings at the PEO C3T, PM MC, and Joint levels
- Familiar with Army C2 systems
- Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE), Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) (As Examples)
- Familiar with C2 System data standards
- VMF, USMTF, Cursor on Target (CoT) (As Examples)
- Familiar with Army networks and transport
- (Preferred, not required) Digital Engineering (Cameo, Magic Draw) experience
- The usual MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint...etc
• B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field with 5 years of software development & design experience.
• Possesses a strong system of systems engineering background with a proven ability to build strong business and technical relationships with the R&D and stakeholder communities.
• Possess a strong system engineering background with expertise in software development, artificial intelligence, data engineering and/or research and development.
• Experienced with interfacing with Windows, Linux and Android.
• Experienced with mobile computing & ability to breakdown the big picture into usable requirements and interface designs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of network design, architecture framework and development, and familiar with use of appropriate tools
• Demonstrated ability to assess requirements and evaluate technical solutions
• Ability to develop test strategies and plans, lead system of systems testing and experimentation, and conduct analysis and evaluations
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.