The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the sailor and the marine.
The Lockwood Group seeks a seasoned professional with deep experience on aviation maintenance best practices. As an Aviation Maintenance Subject Matter Expert (SME), you serve as the SME for our logistics team to provide insight, recommendations and innovations to shape the future maintenance concepts for an Army aviation program.
This is a part time position that could transition to full time in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide subject matter expertise in aviation maintenance best practices (Army, DOD, commercial, federal) in development of a Business Case Analysis.
• Provide subject matter expertise in Army aviation maintenance best practices in development of a Business Case Analysis.
• Evaluate organizational needs, determine suitable technical solutions, and ensure that defined requirements are met
• Coordinate a cross-disciplinary team in the planning, design, execution, testing, assessment, and deployment of new technology systems
• Support on-going communication regarding project status and resource allocation to stakeholders of the project, including senior management through various formats including meetings, presentations, email or other means
• Experience working within multi-functional aviation maintenance teams with at least 10-15 team members
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as a maintenance officer or senior maintenance NCO or senior Army leader (15-20 years’ Army aviation experience)
• Experience in guiding innovative technologies and maintenance approaches into aviation programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Detailed knowledge of capabilities, limitations, and basic operating principles of Army rotary aircraft systems and components
• Knowledge and understanding of Aviation maintenance best practices within federal and commercial industries.
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
• Must have superior analytical, planning, organizational and coordination skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications across all levels of stakeholders, both internal and client facing
A government security clearance is expected to be required for this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why clients choose The Lockwood Group. we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.