The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Demonstrated experience in the design, assembly, production, inspection, installation, calibration, test, trouble shoot, operation and/or maintenance of electronic, electromechanical, and/or mechanical systems and components.
Technician experience must be related to analysis skills, knowledge of diagnostic tools, comprehension of testing methodologies applied to engineering or technology tasks that are incidental to but in support of PES primary disciplines of electrical, chemical and/or mechanical engineering. Progressive experience in fabrication, assembly, electrical/mechanical stresses, material capabilities, and instrumentation. Possesses soldering skills for repair of equipment and hardware and ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents). Uses judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
- Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
- Applies conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings, and parts lists. Responsible for following inspection procedures in conducting monitoring/witnessing of hardware activities in design, prototyping, fabrication, assembly, integration, test, fielding and sustainment.
- Performs test/calibration procedures, observes results, and records information for evaluation.
- Conducts tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records data, measures and records problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at a higher level; and analyzes data and prepares test reports.
- Applies technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles in fault isolation, identifying malfunction cause, and restoring equipment/system operations. Validates data for inclusion in training materials and updates training materials as required. Conducts, assists with New Equipment Training to gaining units.
Years of Experience Required:
- Secret Clearance
- An AS two-year degree in electronic, electrical, electromechanical, or mechanical specialization, military technician school, or equivalent experience related to maintenance and repair of systems/equipment or technical trade school certification. A BS in engineering technology, computer science, information systems, or physical science would substitute for four years of the Technician position experience requirements.
- · MS/MA plus 4 years of specific experience
- · BS/BA plus 6 years of specific experience
- · Associates plus 10 years of specific experience.
- · High School Diploma plus 14 years of specific experience
Dependent upon degree; MA- 4 years, BA-6 years, AA-10 years
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits, and a 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.