The Lockwood Group
delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal Government customers through the application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with the focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airman, the seaman and the Marine. Originally founded as a family startup, we are an Integrated Solutions Provider delivering valued services across the development life cycle by providing Integrated Logistics, Engineering, Field Support, Program Management, and Training services and solutions for our Federal and military customers worldwide.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing and maintaining a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned.
- This position will interface with military students to train the latest system curriculum for military training preparedness to setup, configure, operate, and maintain the system in the field.
- In addition, a successful candidate will use their military training and system experience, combined with their commercial training qualification to inject evolving curriculum with the latest commercial cyber security principals, enabling students to sit for commercial exams at the conclusion of training.
1) New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- The fielding and instructional materials will include: WIN-T subsystems, LAN/ WAN Networking, Wireless radio, CAISI System.
2) Curriculum Development:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability. Determine baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to shipping to location.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on any related matter.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Prepare and coordinate TPF activities including New material Introductory Briefings (NMIB), validation of unit Materiel Requirements Lists (MRL), prepare After Action Reports (AAR) and other actions as required for the TPF.
3) Training Services:
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
4) Cross Training:
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
5) Continuing Education:
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance or have held a Secret Clearance within the past 24 months.
- You must be willing and able to travel up to 50% CONUS/OCONUS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Signal Operations, Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) experience in lieu of the Degree
- 4+ years of experience working with military LAN/WAN Networking, Wireless Radio, and CAISI Systems
- Experience with military training
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits, and a 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.