The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a RAM Engineer
- Perform Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Testability analyses for an Army C4ISR program.
- Perform the following R&M related tasks: allocations and predictions; FMEAs/FMECAs and Reliability Block Diagram development; Mission Probability of Success analysis; ESS criteria development; failure analysis for trend identification, root cause determination, and corrective action identification (FRACAS); system availability analysis based on quantitative R&M design characteristics; component and system level Built-In-Test (BIT) and diagnostics analyses.
- Principle lead in support and developing the reliability processes for all phases of the product life cycle.
- Develop and institute Reliability Growth Program Plan, Reliability Program Plan and risk management plans that will anticipate reliability-related risk that could adversely impact the acquisition process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical field plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Skillful in providing briefing.
- Extensive background in Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) engineering analysis
- Must have experience in DOD Life Cycle Reliability and Maintainability policies, improved system readiness, and elimination of production process deficiencies is a plus
- Experience in decision making to include process improvements.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- Strong knowledge of R&M related military standards and handbooks.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and R&M analysis/modeling tools such as RELEX.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Familiar with interpreting Technical Engineering Drawing
- Experience in applying basic engineering and process management principles such as program risk and cost reduction
- Performance and design reliability best practices is a significant plus
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment