The Lockwood Group is an emerging Integrated Solutions Provider focused on solving our customer’s underlying problems specializing in Engineering, Integrated Logistics, Program Management, Fielding and Training services for military systems worldwide. We are a family-driven culture focused on serving our mission to “Lead the Way to Mission Readiness” supporting our number one customer – the Warfighter.
Values and Culture
The Lockwood Group aspires to build an organization of continuous improvement driving toward excellence while delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
We aim to surround ourselves with the best and brightest providing a work environment to grow and thrive.
Founded by a family, we are people-first and place our customers at the forefront of all that we do, ensuring that we always deliver value to them.
To shape this vision, we firmly believe in the following Core Values.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
For more details on our Values and how they shape our Culture please visit our website here - https://thelockwoodgroupllc.com/culture/
The Lockwood Group is growing rapidly in our support of our Federal Government customers. We are seeking a highly professional Administrative Assistant to join our growing and dynamic operations team in Belcamp, MD. This individual will provide Administrative support along with serving as Assistant Security Manager and Assistant Travel Manager for the organization.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Take dictation
- Research and creates presentations
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements for senior managers
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Resolve administrative problems
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Train individual on Security requirements
- Make Security files for new hires
- Track and chase new hire paperwork
- Prepare and submit security spreadsheets
- Take Assistant FSO Training Courses (20 courses)
- Prepare CAC Requests
- Prepare Campus Badge Requests
- Travel support to company executives for booking and expense reports
- Backup for travel to the Travel Administrator
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- At least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the seaman and the marine. We are an Integrated Solutions Provider delivering valued services across the development life cycle by providing Integrated Logistics, Engineering, Field Support, Program Management, and Training services and solutions for our federal and military customers worldwide.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why clients choose The Lockwood Group. we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
"The Lockwood Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.”