The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer
Duties/Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Experience with US Army Common Operating Environment “COE” initiatives and the PEO C3T and PM MC portfolio helpful.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge about providing support for systems engineering design reviews, modeling system behavior through functional flows and descriptions, development of interface control documents and interface description documents.
- Experience with dealing with complex data sets and the technologies to manage those data sets securely
- Experience with data analytics and developing queries to reduce data sets to discern patterns/trends for general audience consumption
- Ability to describe the infrastructure required for optimal pulling, pushing, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, XML and other technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Managers, Lead Engineers and Developers teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
No special certifications required
Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Computer Sciences or similar)
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Platform and familiarity with their tools like – Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Relational Database Service (RDS) etc.
- Experience with Big Data and underlying technologies like Hadoop or similar
- Familiarity with programming language like Python, R or similar
- Familiarity with military messaging (MIL-STD-6017x, JREAP C) and commercial standards
- Experience with military C4 systems
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment