The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Manager
- Performs all duties related to supply chain management, ordering, fulfillment, and final assembly kitting for assigned projects
- Coordinates all POs for subcomponent orders from multiple vendors
- Coordinates all logistics to bring together subcomponents from multiple vendors and perform final kitting/QA of each kit before final delivery
- Manages and reports on all aspects of project management for assigned projects to Government Project leads
- Creates and disseminates workmanship standard information to any current or potential new suppliers for materials
- In briefs all new manufacturers on high quality standards and workmanship expectations prior to them commencing work
- Evaluates all potential and existing manufacturers for quality, schedule, supply chain risk, and program management, to determine which manufacturers are acceptable sources of supply
- Tracks material flaws and Corrective Actions Requests for material found to be deficient
- Serves as the primary liaison between the contract technical point of contact and all stakeholders
- Work performed focuses on all aspects of supply management to include, but not limited to: equipment management, inventory management, property accountability, shipping logistics and coordination, and the administration and procurement of all components/equipment required for delivery
BS in Business related field and PMP. Can be substituted with relevant work experience.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- Strong Excel and MS suite experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Project Management/planning skills
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
"The Lockwood Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.”