The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal customers through applying services and tailoring solutions that solve our customer’s problems with our focus always on our true customer the soldier, the sailor, the airmen and the marine.
The Lockwood Group, originally founded as a family startup, is now a mature rapidly growing service provider to the DOD and Federal Government. We are seeking to hire a Senior Operations Specialist to interface with the Corporate Operations team.
This opening is a great opportunity for highly motivated candidates with growth ambitions to join the company on the ground floor enabling our emergence as an industry leader delivering Mission Ready services and solutions to the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
For this position, we are seeking 1 candidate who can live within 60 miles of the following company locations: Belcamp, MD or Philadelphia, PA or Huntsville, AL, therefore the opening is cross-posted across these other locations.
This position will report to the COO directly responsible for:
• Coordinate and help to manage activity within the company’s operations department.
• Serve as intermediary from Company Executives to corporate operational groups.
• Serve as intermediary between Account Management and Project Management teams and operational groups to manage workflow, tasks and help to set priorities.
• Coordinate meetings with operational leadership.
• Maintain physical security and operations of Lockwood APG office in Belcamp, MD.
• Problem solve as directed by the CEO and COO.
• Serve as Lockwood Travel Manager with responsibility to delegate and train administrative staff to conduct all travel duties including 100% compliance with Federal Government and DOD global travel regulations.
• Interface with Finance and Accounting team on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll matters.
Potential Additional Duties
• Special project help to create a corporate KPI dashboard and provide KPI reporting during company monthly and quarterly reviews.
• Special project help set up a Corporate Sharepoint to efficiently and effectively manage workflow through cloud enabled technology
• Develop ad-hoc spreadsheets and tools for improve workflow and enable business analysis.
• Help to set up training programs for operational team to expedite knowledge transfer
The solution you provide, more than any other, comes down to time. Our most precious resource. We all get the same amount of it, so it’s how that time is spent that really matters. The Senior Operation Specialist must be fiercely protective of time – not only for their principal, but also for their teams and themselves. Effective use of everyone’s time should be the lens through which many decisions are made in this role. Empower others (don’t do the work for them)
The job is to properly equip and empower others to do their own jobs, not do the job for them. There are certainly opportunities to play the role of “gap filler” when interim support is needed, but not for the long term. This is an essential facet of the role and an important one to learn.
Build bridges, not barriers Work to build bridges. How do they work to focus people on their common goals rather than their differences? Sometimes we must remind all that we play for the same team.
Seeking self-motivated candidates with at least 10 years of operations or experience and an independent mindset to organize and execute workload with Federal Government contracting experience.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values relate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Lockwood Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"