Serving those that serve the nation
Our cause, our North Star, our very reason for existence is to deliver mission readiness to the Federal Government and Department of Defense - most critically focused on the soldier, airman, sailor and Marine - who proudly go above and beyond to protect and serve. Our very existence is predicated on our ability to ensure their safety and readiness. We understand mission readiness as a measurable, reliable sense of preparedness. We know what achieves it. We know what prevents it. We accelerate our customers towards mission readiness through our suite of services and custom, situational solutions—all while staying true to our organizational core values.
The Lockwood Group delivers mission readiness.
The Network Engineer duties will include managing various components of the infrastructure, including wired and wireless routers, switches, Cisco Voice over IP (VOIP) components, appliance based specialty networking or system hardware, configuration of alert management systems on other managed infrastructure components such as service desk tools, and monitoring and alerting infrastructure which serves as the nexus of the RHN incident and alter management system. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Bring an Innovative approach to the network field of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Must have 8-10 years of Network Engineer experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. experience
- Experience managing a large enterprise network
- Experience including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms
- Experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP network which cover a regional to global geography.
- Strong knowledge of DoD IA/RMF and IT regulations and guidance
- Strong knowledge of routing, switching, VPNs, PKI and CSfC
- Hands-on experience with McAfee products such as ESM, email and web gateway.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
- 50% Travel may be required CONUS and OCONUS
- Willingness to work flexible hours
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits, and a 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.