The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
The Lockwood Group is looking to hire a Librarian supporting Cyber Research Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Librarian will provide reference and research services in the CRC (an academic and technical library) specializing in computer science, military science, military history, leadership, and other disciplines as directed by the CRC Director, and Higher Headquarters Guidance.
The Contractor shall:
- Utilize general and specialized reference resources including public and private online computer databases in both classified and unclassified environments.
- Respond to comprehensive reference questions calling for subject and bibliographic competence, including the evaluation of timeliness, relevance, and authoritativeness.
- Provide comprehensive services for CCoE students, staff, faculty and cadre.
- Engage with CCoE students, staff, faculty and cadre in the assigned academic departments to develop strong collaborative relationships.
- Establish mechanisms for ongoing, two-way communication with assigned academic departments.
- Keep CCoE students, staff, faculty and cadre informed about library programs and events.
- Provide assistance and train CRC customers in the utilization of end-user products and a variety of research and reference electronic and print materials.
- Prepare bibliographies, written instructions, fact sheets, and training aids for end-user use and education.
- Plan and conduct library orientation programs and briefings.
- Oversee circulation providing technical advice, guidance, and instruction to library technicians and staff.
- Review and solve issues about charging, discharging, over dues, interlibrary loans, and reserve requests.
- Provide interlibrary loan services, maintain loan files, statistics, and documentation.
- Receive and prepare items for circulation, notifying requestors, and returning material on time.
- Possess a Secret Security Clearance and maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- Graduated from the Installation Staff Contractor Training Course (ISCTC) or meet the requirements to complete the required training within 30 days of contract award or first available class date offered by the CCoE Faculty and Staff Development Branch.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years' work experience.
- Have two (2) years’ experience as a librarian or in the information management field.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.