The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a Training Manager
for a position at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and determines technical training needs, administers plans, procedures, and programs for selected groups to meet training needs and problems.
- Ensures consistent application of training standards.
- Plans, evaluates, organizes, and develops training curricula and materials to meet specific training needs.
- Supervises or conducts special courses designed for training selected groups of organization employees. May facilitate training during introduction of new courses.
- Tracks and analyzes training programs by examining learner's satisfaction levels, proficiency testing, and job performance.
- Administers improvements or changes to training programs to improve on the programs' effectiveness.
- Provides instruction and guidance to trainers; typically provides leadership and technical direction for a project team
- U.S. Citizen, with a valid driver’s license, possess and maintain a valid secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree; or an additional (4) years of experience can be substituted for degree
- The preferred candidate will have hands-on experience with the PM TN PdM Mission Network equipment including baseband.
- Must possess the training, technical credentials, and experience to train various target audiences.
- Must be both willing and physically able to travel throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations, if required, in order to support military units. (Travel: Up to 25%)
- Must be a pro-active, energetic, assertive individual with an attention to detail and a willingness to do what is necessary to exceed customer expectations within the scope of contract requirements.
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to function autonomously while working in various locations with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately (both verbally and in writing) complex thoughts and ideas.
- Must be proficient in use of the Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting.
- Must be comfortable interacting with peers and superiors. An ability to maintain a professional relationship with co-workers and the customer always is required.
- The preferred candidate will have hands-on experience.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits, and a 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.