The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs network engineering functions including conceptualization, design, implementation, and configuration optimization. Configure virtual network devices (routers, switches, firewall, performance enhancement), LAN, WAN, encryption devices.
- Performs hardware and software integration, installation, and test.
- Performs systems engineering analysis, assesses evolving user needs, translates those to network design changes, reconfiguration, hardware and software configuration, adaptation, installation, and test of user requirements-based functions. Applies current and emerging network software and hardware technologies and protocols.
- Applies networking expertise to support development, implementation and updates of component and system level test plans and procedures.
- Solves engineering problems in the functional area to which assigned.
- Conducts engineering analysis and develops solutions in application of advancing information technology products and configurations.
- Produces and reviews hardware and software technical documentation reflecting detailed tactical network architectures, products, and systems.
- Troubleshoots and replicates system or component problems experienced /reported from Army units to facilitate troubleshooting & solutioning.
- Sets up lab configurations used for testing, demonstrations or as directed by senior engineers.
- Works closely with software developers, systems engineers, cyber analysts, configuration management to support Post Deployment Software Sustainment activities on Network Systems.
- Participates in creation, review, or update of contract deliverable documents (CDRL).
- Recommend improved methods and processes related to team product or service, to improve quality or increase performance efficiency.
Knowledge and Skills
The required skills and knowledge include knowledge of systems engineering concepts and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), proficiency with VMWare ESXi, and proficiency with routers, switches, firewalls, software based VoIP
The minimum years of related experience required: 7+ years working DOD/Army networks
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The minimum level of education required is: BS in Engineering with strengths in systems and network engineering
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.