The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group is seeking a System Architecture Engineer to join our Elite Team supporting the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) Project Office. The ideal candidate has at least 15 years of experience as a systems engineer supporting aviation systems and subsystem specification, acquisition, development, and testing on aviation platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the FLRAA Project Office as a systems architecture engineer during the development of system/subsystem specifications, reference/system architectures, program briefings, white papers, and other products.
- Provides technical support in the development of FLRAA aircraft mission systems architectural design and development.
- Assists in the design and implementation of short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software.
- Develops architectural specification requirements and Performance Work Statements (PWS) based on FLRAA Modular Open System Approach (MOSA) business objectives and technical goals.
- Researches and identifies technology products required for solution delivery and assesses contractor provided proposals for technical merit.
- Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies.
- Provides engineering review of all contractor technical efforts, including S&T and IR&D, and represents the FLRAA Project Office during technical reviews covering mission systems.
- Minimum of BS+15 years of work in (a) technical field(s) related to aviation with a strong foundation in MOSA
- Experience with design, verification, and qualification of aviation systems
- Experience in modular design, interface management, and open systems architecture
- Knowledge of Modular Opens Systems Approach (MOSA)
- Knowledge of Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML/UML
- Knowledge of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) technical standard
- Knowledge with SAE ARP 4754/4761
- Ability to execute advanced, complex technical tasks
- Possesses state of the art technical knowledge of the industry trends and emerging technologies for system architecture
- Able to lead a working group
- Ability to complete high-priority projects under strict time constraints
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work effectively with others in a teaming environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Magic Draw, DOORS (or other traceability tools), and available SE tools.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.