The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group is seeking a SATCOM Network Engineer to support the Project Manager Tactical Network program for our Army customer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic communications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Gather mission needs statements, operational requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for Army’s tactical communications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
- Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units, as well as for allied nations, other government agencies and commercial service interfaces.
- Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems.
- Responsible for the engineering design, development, integration, installation, operation and maintenance of the Tactical Network.
- Leads and facilitate technical discussions with internal and external organizations
- Support technical tasks in the integration of Data/Voice/Video in the Tactical Network, engineering and technical documentation and assistance in the development of technical requirements, specifications, plans and reports, software/hardware engineering, preparation of independent assessments, systems engineering, technical expertise at fielding locations, test and evaluation, architectural/interoperability support, and quality engineering.
- Develop equipment and network configurations and products and provide technical support in Tactical Network labs.
- Support technology insertion testing relative to emerging Tactical Network requirements and capabilities.
- Provide technical expertise at field locations as needed.
- Knowledge of Converged Ethernet Over IP (EOIP) network
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies from VMware, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, Dell, HP and others.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with routing protocols such as, but not limited to, border gateway protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First Version 2 and Version 3 (OSPFv2 and OSPFv3) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with SATCOM Waveforms including, but not limited to, Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA), Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Network Centric Waveform (NCW)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with iDirect capabilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with integration of terrestrial networking and SATCOM
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Tactical Network architecture and its concepts including Colorless Core
- Experience with WAN Acceleration products such as Riverbed Steelhead and Citrix WAN Scaler
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Firewall capabilities and products such as Cisco ASA, Firepower and Palo Alto products
- At least ten years’ experience as Network engineer desired.
Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of relevant SATCOM and Network Engineering experience
Design and Implementation of Network concepts employed in the tactical network
Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems
Position requires up to 20% travel
Must have an active Secret security clearance
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.