The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group is seeking a Senior Lead Cost Analyst to support the Project Manager Tactical Network program for our Army customer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The Senior Lead Cost Analysts will perform a wide variety of cost and economic analyses estimating, what-if drills, impact statements, and engineering studies for a variety of Army managed programs. A successful candidate should be able to lead the cost estimating activities for the Milestone decision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs various analytical studies using scientific methods. The work involves the systematic examination of alternative courses of action in terms of effectiveness and cost to help clarify relevant choices and their implications. The employee is responsible for establishing working relationships to support and resolve problems and difficulties. Plans, establishes, monitors, and participates in the control and responsibility for the formulation, presentation, and execution of Project Manager (PM) programs involving life cycle program plans, assigned systems and equipment. The work requires expert knowledge of the principles of operation research and an advanced professional knowledge of analytical concepts, mathematics, and statistics as the analyst performs a broad range of analyses entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, and new technologies.
- Performs life cycle analysis and economic analysis studies for major phases of varied equipment/systems using mathematical models, matrices, simulation models, ACEIT, and other parametric models. Applies competence in rigorous methods of scientific inquiry and analysis to design, develop, and adapt statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques for the analysis of production. Develops and structures the problem and establishes procedures for obtaining data and determines variables that are relevant to the problem. Draw conclusions from studies and formulates recommendations concerning program approaches to management for decision-making purposes.
- Performs broad range of cost and/or economic analysis assignments involving unique problems, requirements for creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies. Provides authoritative interpretation of DOD, DA, and AMC guidelines and regulations concerning production, cost and economic analysis requirements and techniques.
- Establishes contractual data requirements for monitoring contractor performance. Develops recommendations regarding appropriate actions to resolve issues and problems.
Performs an in-depth analysis of budget requests, considers unforeseen factors in development and production, shift in project direction and emphasis and/or requests not included in planned programs and explores alternative sources of funding. Develops justification and impact statements and compiles data. Forecasts and executes the prior, current, and budget year programs.
- 5 or more equivalent years of experience in analysis and technical management are required
- Must have experience developing a Life Cycle Cost estimate using Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) in support of a Milestone decision
- Experience with generating milestone documentation is a plus
- Good communication skills and familiarity with Department of Defense acquisition policies are required
- Security Clearance: Secret
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.