The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
Our Army client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Operations and Technical Advisor to support the DEVCOM Center supporting strategic and technology investment strategy. As an Operations and Technical Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in supporting day to day operations while helping to guide and advise on complex technical initiatives critical to the development and advancement of strategic priorities within the DEVCOM Center. Your expertise will be instrumental in shaping the future of Army technology investments.
- Operations and Technical Expertise: Provide expert operations and technical guidance and advice on a wide range of topics related to strategic technology investments, with a focus on emerging technologies, research, and development efforts.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and refine technology investment strategies, ensuring alignment with the Army's mission and long-term goals.
- Project Evaluation: Assess proposed projects, research efforts, and technology investments to determine their feasibility, potential impact, and alignment with strategic objectives.
- Due Diligence: Conduct in-depth technical due diligence on potential technology partners, vendors, and research institutions to ensure their capabilities align with the Army's requirements and objectives.
- Technology Trends: Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends, providing regular updates to the organization and advising on their relevance to Army programs.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential technical risks and challenges associated with technology investments and propose mitigation strategies.
- Collaboration: Foster collaboration and partnerships with external stakeholders, such as industry experts, research institutions, and other government agencies, to leverage expertise and resources.
- Reports and Documentation: Prepare and deliver clear, concise reports, briefings, and technical documentation to convey complex concepts to a diverse audience, including senior leadership.
- Strategic Guidance: Offer insights and recommendations to senior leadership regarding critical decisions related to technology investments.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; advanced degrees or certifications are preferred.
- Extensive experience in technology advisory roles, preferably within the defense or military sector.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, research and development, and strategic technology investments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen ability to assess technical risks and opportunities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Proven experience working within the Army's technology development and research environments.
- Security clearance, if required for specific projects.
- Experience in working with federal agencies and navigating government procurement processes.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.