The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group is currently pursuing a contract with the U.S.Army Materiel Command, Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC) at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama and looking to bring on a Technical Publications Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a senior XML writer with experience in developing military hardware and software technical documentation in accordance with Interactive Authoring and Display Systems (IADS) compliant Interactive Electronic Manuals (IETM) and US Army publications MIL-STDs relating to ACAT I weapon systems.
- The candidate in this role will function within the project office's Logistics Directorate in direct support of the Government Technical Publication Team Lead and will work with both contractors, government civilians and system operators.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
- The candidate will have the following actions Document Configuration Management for creating, developing new and changing existing Army Operator, Maintainer and Sustainment level Technical Publications.
- Analyze Engineering Drawings, Parts List and wiring diagrams for the implementation of Engineer Change Proposals (ECP), 2028s, and Publication Change Requests (PCR).
- Work Directly with the Government Publication Team Lead. Attend Validations, Verifications and Logistics Demonstrations to perform onsite, real time XML changes to the IETMs in the field.
- Manage the XML for the weapon system documentation to include but not limited to:
IETMs, Electronic Technical Manuals (ETM), Software User Manual (SUM), Software Administrative Manual (SAM). Adhere to stylesheet and DTD rules. Ensure IETM XML is error free using business rules and source verifier.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 15 years' experience as an Army Technical publications XML writer.
- The candidate should be Proficient in Use of DoD specifications such as MIL-STD 40051, MIL-HDBK-1222, AR 25-30 and additional as need military standards, handbooks and regulations.
- Be familiar with Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL) data to implement into the IETM. Proficient in MS Office product, Arbortext Editor, Oxygen XML Editor, IADS, Adobe Acrobat
- Have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent collaboration and communication abilities. Have great organizational and time management skills
- Active Secret Clearance.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.