Serving those that serve the nation
Our cause, our North Star, our very reason for existence is to deliver mission readiness to the Federal Government and Department of Defense - most critically focused on the soldier, airman, sailor and Marine - who proudly go above and beyond to protect and serve. Our very existence is predicated on our ability to ensure their safety and readiness. We understand mission readiness as a measurable, reliable sense of preparedness. We know what achieves it. We know what prevents it. We accelerate our customers towards mission readiness through our suite of services and custom, situational solutions—all while staying true to our organizational core values.
The Lockwood Group delivers mission readiness.
The Lockwood Group is currently seeking a Data Engineer for our Army customer located on Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science/computer engineering/electrical engineering with at least 5 years of experience in software development, data engineering and cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into data architecture strategies and solutions.
- Design and develop prototypes of scalable, secure, and high-performing data architectures on-prem and in the cloud, leveraging cloud technologies and services.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and other IT professionals to design and implement data pipelines, data transformation processes, and data integration solutions.
- Ensure data governance principles and best practices are implemented, including data quality controls, data privacy, and compliance.
- Optimize data platforms for performance, scalability, and cost efficiency, monitoring and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in cloud technologies and data architecture, continuously enhancing knowledge and skills.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Act as a subject matter expert in data architecture and cloud technologies, providing recommendations and insights to stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience with ETL Tools for use with streaming data or event-based data (Apache NiFi, Kafka, Talend, or Informatica)
- Experience with data concepts, large data architectures and software development towards data-centric solutions
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) to leverage cloud services for scalable and flexible data solutions
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Java)
- Familiarity of data processing and visualization tools (Power BI, Kabana)
- Should have experience working in Agile methodology
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.