The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a Regional Hub Node (RHN) Training Specialist with WIN-T baseband experience in support of the Communications Electronics Life Cycle Management Command (CECOM FMD). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet program objectives both current and future improvements. Training will include but not be limited to: fielding support, forward training and operational support. The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), and Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT), Network Operations (NetOps), Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up RHN systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location .
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM Regional Hub Node (RHN) systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to RHN training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use2)
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Knowledge of Switching/Routing
- Knowledge of WIN-T subsystems to include: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), and Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs)
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications
- Knowledge of Communications Security
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWare VCP-DCV), set-up, troubleshoot and understand the various WIN-T assemblages
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Lockwood Benefits and Growth
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional add-on benefits packages, and a 401(k) plan with Company match. We continually seek to improve our offerings to our team members.
Lockwood provides internal growth opportunity through our Corporate Titles and increasing responsibility. We are very ambition and individuals joining the team will have opportunities to grow their skills, team and sphere of influence within the organization.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.