The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the seaman and the marine.
The Lockwood Group is currently recruiting a Cyber Instructor with specialized background in DoD 8570 to support Screaming Eagle Network University (SENU) at Ft. Campbell, KY.
· Experience in an adult learning program (e.g., service intelligence school, college, or senior high school) or successful completion of a military, educational, or commercial certified program.
· Working knowledge of development of learning objectives; methodologies of lecture, demonstration, and practical exercise; adult learning theory, and use of training aids.
· Candidate must manage multiple tasks and suspenses, while remaining flexible within an evolving environment.
· Background in instructing professionals on the following technologies and certifications – Security +, Network +, A+, Cisco and Windows OS Training Certification
· Experience conducting Information Assurance (IA) functions within the DoD workforce supporting the DoD Global Information Grid (GIG) per DoD Instruction 8500.2
Other Desired Qualifications
· Signal Corp Background
· Experience with the Operations & Maintenance of Army weapon systems at tactical, theater or national levels.
· Experience in conducting platform instruction and/or OJT instruction in C4ISR and/or intelligence related subjects.
· Experience in fielding and integration of Army weapon systems.
· Understanding of development of New Equipment Training Plans and the Program, Planning and Execution of New Equipment Training Missions worldwide.
Expertise with Distance Learning facilities, methodology and operation.
· Must obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
· Must be a US Citizen
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why clients choose The Lockwood Group. we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.