The Lockwood Group is seeking a SATCOM Lead Engineer, Regional Hub Node, CECOM FSB
to be located at Grovetown, Georgia (Fort Gordon) or APG (Aberdeen Proving Ground) who will perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to:
- Development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans
- Development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views)
- Development of test plans and procedures
- Provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams
- Develop technology development plans
- Provide support in assessment of technology maturity
- Develop technology transition plans
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview.
- Applicant must have strong ability to multi-task.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 8 years of experience.
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance or have held a Secret Clearance within the past 24 months.
- Up to 50% travel – CONUS/OCONUS
The Lockwood Group (www.thelockwoodgroupllc.com
), headquartered on Aberdeen Proving Ground, is a C4ISR Engineering, Integrated Logistics and Training Services Provider helping to modernize, sustain and field C4ISR systems in support of the Warfighter. We are a family owned Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business co-led by West Point graduate James T Lockwood and his son James F Lockwood