The Lockwood Group is a Global Professional Services Provider established with a purpose to deliver Mission Readiness service and solution to the Department of Defense and Federal Government. Our culture is built upon a Mission Readiness vision and our six core values. We believe in customer centric service delivery with intent to uncover, understand, and solve the underlying problems of the true end customers for our services – the military (the soldier, airman, seaman and Marine) and federal service professionals.
Pending award, The Lockwood Group is looking to hire Logisticians to support our Army aviation and missile customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning of logistics support strategies and establish standard logistics processes and tools.
- Manage all contract logistics activities for compliance with standard processes and contract requirements.
- Manage the coordination of logistics activities for selected projects, including logistics planning, training, technical manuals and provisioning.
- Identify logistics support issues and provide leadership in developing innovative logistics solutions for our customers.
- Act as the primary contact for logistics support activities and lead progress planning and review sessions to discuss costs, schedule, and technical performance.
- Manage the development and implementation of annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for logistic support activities and participate in the development of overall unit/Division/Group annual and long-term objectives.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Conduct technical meetings, briefings and teleconferences with various government and industry experts in all matters related to ILS and program support.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressively complex integrated logistics support experience in a manufacturing environment with at least seven of those years managing logistics support processes. Additional equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Possess working knowledge of AR 700-127, AR700-142, AR 700-10 and various Mil Standards for Technical Manuals, Provisioning and Training.
- Must have an understanding of the principles, concepts, and practices of logistics management and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices and standards.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems and serve as spokesperson on logistic support issues.
- Expertise in military logistics, supply, and sustainment support for an Army in garrison and in a deployed mode.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- DOD Secret clearance required.
The Lockwood Group offers a competitive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and wellness, various optional add-on benefits, and a retirement 401(k) plan with Company match.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant laws.