The Lockwood Group
delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense and Federal Government customers through the application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with the focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airman, the seaman and the Marine. We were originally founded as a family startup and are now a mature rapidly growing service provider to the Federal Government seeking a Configuration Manager
to join, grow and help us deliver Mission Readiness!
Take the first step to "Mission Readiness" by viewing our Mission Readiness Capability video which articulates our Core Purpose: The Lockwood Group Launches Mission-Ready Capabilities Video
The Lockwood Group delivers mission readiness.
The Lockwood Group is currently pursuing a contract providing program management and R&D Support Services for Analytics Solution to Establish Real-Time Operational Information Dominance (ASTEROID) programs. We are seeking a Sr. Technical Writer for our Army customer located at APG, MD. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Applies a broad technical knowledge of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) planning and operations to assure the integration of extensive technical writing, publication layout and design, typography and printing, editorial management, and the presentation of advanced ISR Systems.
- Research, write, edit, and proofread complex technical data.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational and maintenance procedures and manuals
- Design and establish style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Create, compile and deliver software user and administrator manual documentation packages.
- Review, revise, modify or edit documents prepared by others.
- Coordinate project plans, budget and determine resources.
- Compile, organize and write online help files to support end-users.
- Write technical documents in compliance to the company’s established standards and guidelines.
- Evaluate and recommend revisions to standards and guidelines.
- Provide writing, editing and design support to other team members.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- ISR Background
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proven experience working in a technical writing / training position
Army Electronic Technical Manual (ETM) per MIL-STD-40051-2C
Able to obtain Top Secret clearance.
Lockwood Credo, Core Values and Culture
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, and our community. Service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily, and it is Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood, ensuring we successfully deliver always. We work alongside our partners as one cohesive team.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
"Leading the Way to Mission Readiness"
The Lockwood Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws.