The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group delivers Mission Readiness to Department of Defense customers through application of services and tailored solutions that solve problems with focus always on our true end customer - the soldier, the airmen, the seaman and the marine. We are an Integrated Solutions Provider delivering valued services across the development life cycle by providing Integrated Logistics, Engineering, Field Support, Program Management, and Training services and solutions for our federal and military customers worldwide.
- Work successfully with the PM, DPM, back office Manager and back office team.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating technical documentation as well as editing and proofreading documents created by other team members.
- Develop solutions to problems and create quality documents using domain knowledge and thorough analysis.
- Lead task order and/or proposal efforts and serve as the lead technical writer.
- Working with the back office team to edit and provide coaching on their technical writing.
- Translating technical information into documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with stakeholders and teammates to identify and document their needs and provide that information in clear and concise documentation to the Customer.
- Multi task exceptionally well, and have demonstrated success developing well thought out technical documentation.
* You must have held a Secret clearance or above within the last 24 months
* You must have experience with MIL STD 40051-2 and XML editing tools such as ArborText, FrameMaker
- BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional technical writer
- A broad understanding of software development tools and terminology
- Experience proofreading and editing technical documentation
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
- Prior experience with proposal writing preferred
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why clients choose The Lockwood Group. we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises, exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment
If these Core Values resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team!
The Lockwood Group
Talent Acquisition Team
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Lockwood Group will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. The Lockwood Group is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.