The Lockwood Group is an emerging Integrated Solutions Provider focused on solving our customer’s underlying problems specializing in Engineering, Integrated Logistics, Program Management, Fielding and Training services for military systems worldwide. We are a family-driven culture focused on serving our mission to “Lead the Way to Mission Readiness” supporting our number one customer – the Warfighter.
Values and Culture
The Lockwood Group aspires to build an organization of continuous improvement driving toward excellence while delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
We aim to surround ourselves with the best and brightest providing a work environment to grow and thrive.
Founded by a family, we are people-first and place our customers at the forefront of all that we do, ensuring that we always deliver value to them.
To shape this vision, we firmly believe in the following Core Values.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
For more details on our Values and how they shape our Culture please visit our website here - https://thelockwoodgroupllc.com/culture/
The Lockwood Group is seeking an experienced Technical Writer
to fill an immediate vacancies at several locations including:
- Fort Campbell, KY
- Fort Gordon, GA
- Work successfully with the PM, DPM, back office Manager and back office team.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating technical documentation as well as editing and proofreading documents created by other team members.
- Develop solutions to problems and create quality documents using domain knowledge and thorough analysis.
- Lead task order and/or proposal efforts and serve as the lead technical writer.
- Working with the back office team to edit and provide coaching on their technical writing.
- Translating technical information into documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with stakeholders and teammates to identify and document their needs and provide that information in clear and concise documentation to the Customer.
- Multi task exceptionally well, and have demonstrated success developing well thought out technical documentation.
* You must have held a Secret clearance or above within the last 24 months
* You must have experience with MIL STD 40051-2 and XML editing tools such as ArborText, FrameMaker, etc.
- BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional technical writer
- A broad understanding of software development tools and terminology
- Experience proofreading and editing technical documentation
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
- Prior experience with proposal writing preferred