The Lockwood Group (www.thelockwoodgroupllc.com
), headquartered on Aberdeen Proving Ground, is a C4ISR Logistics, Engineering and Training Services Provider helping to modernize, sustain and field C4ISR systems in support of the Warfighter. We are a family owned Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business co-led by West Point graduate James T Lockwood and his son James F Lockwood.
The Lockwood Group is currently seeking a Technical Writer in Fort Huachuca, AZ.
- Work successfully with the PM, DPM, back office Manager and back office team.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating technical documentation as well as editing and proofreading documents created by other team members.
- Develop solutions to problems and create quality documents using domain knowledge and thorough analysis.
- Lead task order and/or proposal efforts and serve as the lead technical writer.
- Working with the back office team to edit and provide coaching on their technical writing.
- Translating technical information into documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with stakeholders and teammates to identify and document their needs and provide that information in clear and concise documentation to the Customer.
- Multi task exceptionally well, and have demonstrated success developing well thought out technical documentation.
* You must have held a Secret clearance or above within the last 24 months
* You must have experience with MIL STD 40051-2 and XML editing tools such as ArborText, FrameMaker, etc.
- BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional technical writer
- A broad understanding of software development tools and terminology
- Experience proofreading and editing technical documentation
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
- Prior experience with proposal writing preferred