The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for RHN WIN-T Baseband Training Specialist in support of the Communications Electronics Life Cycle Management Command (CECOM FMD) for a full-time opportunity at Grovetown, GA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Training Specialist will provide instruction for a wide variety of WIN-T Inc. 1 systems to include RHN (Regional Hub Node), THN (Tactical Hub Node), UHST (Unit Hub Satellite Terminal), SSS (Single Shelter Switch), JNN (Joint Network Node), BnCPN (Battalion Command Post Node) and STT (Satellite Transportable Terminal).
- Training will include but not be limited to: fielding support, forward training and operational support. Experience in assessing training requirements, identify and evaluate training alternatives, develop training materials to include a variety of training approaches. Experience in traditional classroom environment, programmed learning, hands-on, simulation, video, audio, and computer aided training.
- Must be capable of instructing personnel from prepared course material. Willingness to lead and direct the work of other and provide daily supervision to staff.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- Qualified candidate must possess certifications in the following areas: CompTia Certification, Advance routing, CCNA, CCNP, VMWare, and WIN-T tactical experience.
- Candidate must be able to develop training materials that will include a variety of training approaches. Position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in assessing training requirements and conducting training.
- Must be capable of instructing prepared course material and instructing in the traditional classroom environment.
- VLAN Architecture, CUCM, VM Applications including VMware Workstation, and ESX/ESXi hypervisor, satellite technologies, strong teaching abilities and team working.
- Knowledgeable in Virtual Infrastructure Management and Configuration, Install and Configure ESX, Install and Configure NetApp, Install and Configure Raid and Datastores.
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment