The Lockwood Group is currently recruiting a Data Engineer
to support our C4ISR customer at Aberdeen Proving Ground.
Experience with US Army Common Operating Environment “COE” initiatives and the PEO C3T and PM MC portfolio helpful.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
- Study and describe the infrastructure required for optimal pulling, pushing, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, XML and other technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Managers, Lead Engineers and Developers teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep data secure using industry standards and strategies for security.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative data designs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Qualified candidates must have or have held a Secret Clearance within the past 24 months.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Sciences or Information Technology or similar)
- Working SQL, XML and VMF knowledge and experience working with databases, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and stores.
- Experience building and optimizing data, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of military messaging, XML and data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Experience with DoD practices.
- Experience with military C4 systems.
The Lockwood Group is an Integrated Solutions Provider delivering services and solutions across the enterprise. We deliver Integrated Logistics Support, Engineering, Field Support, Program Management and Training services combined with our integrated solutions to solve the challenges of our customers worldwide.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
•Ethics and Integrity
•Team and Family Environment