The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for a Logistics Engineer. Job Summary
We are currently seeking highly skilled and qualified personnel in support of the Project Manager (PM) Tactical Networks Program (formerly known as PM Warfighter Information Network-Tactical). PM Tactical Networks Program delivers a unified tactical network, enabling cohesive mission command at every stage of the joint operational spectrum -- from home station to early entry, to the furthest edge of the battlefield. The program’s scalable suite of integrated tactical network communication and network/cyber management capabilities support today’s complex joint, coalition and civil missions worldwide. The program office provides an expeditionary, modular “tool kit” of unified satellite and radio network transport capabilities to enable uninterrupted mission command and secure reliable voice, video and data communications. PM Tactical Network organization consists of Product Office (PdM) Network Modernization (NetMod), PdM Mission Network (MN), PdM Tactical Cyber Network Operations (TCNO), and PdM Satellite Communications.
PM Tactical Network also consists of an Operations Branch, Technical, Budget, and Readiness Management Divisions. These positions are contingent upon successful award of the Project Manager Tactical Network Program. Positions are available in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to the following for each approved labor category
• Researches and analyzes logistics element problems and determines solution alternatives.
• Assists in (or fully responsible for) preparing routine correspondence (i.e., letters, memos and route sheets), spreadsheets, Gantt charts, presentations, and meeting minutes.
• Assists in maintaining logistics support data, planning schedules, and documents.
• Analyzes and researches material to gain a thorough technical understanding of the logistics element supporting a task assignment.
• Assists in preparing oral presentations and written reports, indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success when there is no single solution.
• May supervise and train entry-level personnel in the technical aspects of assigned work.
• Collaborates with customer(s) to define and or determine, coordinate and track the status of multi-disciplinary task(s) and advises on technical and logistics element planning and implementation.
• Reviews program reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc., and performs tests/evaluations and validations/verifications; provides comments; consolidates and adjudicates comments from various organizations; and prepares reports.
• Advises logistics customer as an SME on program development, planning and implementation of logistics element(s).
• For senior roles, may be required to perform expert-level review, analysis, and validation of engineering and logistics products, and prepares executive-level reports and briefs; Consults as industry expert with the logistics managers, program managers and customers, advising on logistics program policy development, planning and implementation; Interfaces with various technical and logistics team leaders daily to exchange information; Supervises teams in accomplishing tasks and trains junior-level personnel in the technical aspects of assigned work. Required Experience Minimum Requirements Candidates should meet the following requirements in order to be considered
• Logistics Engineer, Jr. - Bachelor’s degree in Business/Logistics or related field and no job-related experience or 4 years of related experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
• Logistics Engineer, Mid . - Bachelor’s degree in Business/Logistics or related field and at least 3 years of job-related experience or 7 years of related experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
• Logistics Engineer, Sr Analyst. - Bachelor’s degree in Business/Logistics or related field and at least 7 years of job-related experience or 11 years of related experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
• Excellent communications and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
• Position may require travel.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance required at the time of hire.
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment