The Lockwood Group currently has an opening for highly skilled and qualified personnel in support of the Project Manager (PM) Tactical Networks Program (formerly known as PM Warfighter Information Network-Tactical). PM Tactical Networks Program delivers a unified tactical network, enabling cohesive mission command at every stage of the joint operational spectrum -- from home station to early entry, to the furthest edge of the battlefield. The program’s scalable suite of integrated tactical network communication and network/cyber management capabilities support today’s complex joint, coalition and civil missions worldwide. The program office provides an expeditionary, modular “tool kit” of unified satellite and radio network transport capabilities to enable uninterrupted mission command and secure reliable voice, video and data communications.
PM Tactical Network organization consists of Product Office (PdM) Network Modernization (NetMod), PdM Mission Network (MN), PdM Tactical Cyber Network Operations (TCNO), and PdM Satellite Communications. PM Tactical Network also consists of an Operations Branch, Technical, Budget, and Readiness Management Divisions.
These positions are contingent upon successful award of the Project Manager Tactical Network Program. Positions are available in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to the following for each approved labor category:
- Supports production of technical documents and drawings using computers, scanners, cameras, printers, laminators, and plotters in concert with multiple software products.
- Uses CAD/CAE equipment and software to produce schematics and engineering drawings.
- Creates drawings, illustrations and cartoons for reports, publications, presentations, and displays.
- Supports fabrication and testing of hardware and software systems.
- Assists in design, coding, and documentation of software products or Acts as a lead on complex tasks and responsible for design, analyses, or design reviews.
- Installs, monitors, and services equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
- Performs T&E, checkout, calibration, and certification tasks. Performs validations/verifications of various electronic systems.
- Reviews Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for equipment impacts and assists in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions (ECIs).
- Provides technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Creates drawings, illustrations and cartoons for publications and presentations.
- Designs and constructs experimental/prototype models to engineering requirements.
- Performs a wide variety of duties of complex nature in the installation, testing, modification, and operation of electronic equipment.
- Investigates systems problems and provides white papers on the results of the investigation.
- Plans approaches and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems characterized by difficult performance requirements and unusual combinations of techniques or components.
- For more senior roles the Technician may serve as senior/lead technician and assists in training other technicians. Performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks independently.
- Leads and coordinates the installation, modification, monitoring, operation, testing, and servicing of equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Directs on-site customer interface for equipment/ system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
Candidates should meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
Lockwood Credo and Core Values
- Technician Jr - High school and at least 1 year of job-related experience
- Technician Mid – Associate’s degree and at least 2 years of job-related experience or 4 years of related experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Technician Sr - Associate’s degree and at least 4 years of job-related experience or 6 years of related experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills and demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs are required.
- Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position may require travel.
- Active Secret clearance required at the time of hire.
The Lockwood mission is to create an organization focused on service. We serve – each other, the soldier, our customers, our employees, our partners, our vendors, our community – service is at the center of our Core Values and Culture.
Our customers come first. Being responsive, professional and reliable is why we are hired. We aim to deliver on all promises exceeding customer expectations and making certain all business decisions are made with the customer in mind.
Our employees, are the face of our service. They are at the front lines working with our customers daily and its Lockwood’s duty to serve our employees. This means designing a culture centered around core values that inspire, retain and grow the best talent.
Our partners are fuel for our engine. Our great vendors, consultants and teaming partners combine to fuel Lockwood ensuring we successfully deliver always. We consider our partners as one team working alongside.
Service to the community is important to us. We seek to volunteer, engage and support our communities through investment of time and resources.
This service mindset is what inspired company founders to embark on the journey to deliver on the promise to Lead the Way to Mission Readiness for all people we serve.
The following 6 Core Values are the foundation by which we serve:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Customer Commitment
- Team and Family Environment