The Lockwood Group is currently seeking Technical Writers to supporting our C4ISR customer at Fort Campbell, KY.
The Lockwood Group (www.thelockwoodgroupllc.com
), headquartered on Aberdeen Proving Ground, is C4ISR Engineering, Integrated Logistics and Training Services Provider helping to modernize, sustain and field C4ISR systems in support of the Warfighter. We are a family owned Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business co-led by West Point graduate James T Lockwood and his son James F Lockwood.
The Lockwood Group is seeking experienced Technical Writers to fill an immediate vacancies at several locations including:
- Belcamp, MD
- Fort Campbell, KY
- Fort Gordon, GA
- Work successfully with the PM, DPM, back office Manager and back office team.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating technical documentation as well as editing and proofreading documents created by other team members.
- Develop solutions to problems and create quality documents using domain knowledge and thorough analysis.
- Lead task order and/or proposal efforts and serve as the lead technical writer.
- Working with the back office team to edit and provide coaching on their technical writing.
- Translating technical information into documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with stakeholders and teammates to identify and document their needs and provide that information in clear and concise documentation to the Customer.
- Multi task exceptionally well, and have demonstrated success developing well thought out technical documentation.
* You must have held a Secret clearance or above within the last 24 months
* You must have experience with MIL STD 40051-2 and XML editing tools such as ArborText, FrameMaker
- BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional technical writer
- A broad understanding of software development tools and terminology
- Experience proofreading and editing technical documentation
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
- Prior experience with proposal writing preferred