The Lockwood Group (www.thelockwoodgroupllc.com), headquartered on Aberdeen Proving Ground, is a C4ISR Logistics and Training Services Provider helping to modernize, sustain and field C4ISR systems in support of the Warfighter. We are a family owned Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business co-led by West Point graduate James T Lockwood and his son James F Lockwood.
The Lockwood Group is currently recruiting a LAN Instructor to support emerging C4ISR requirements.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and maintain a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned. This position will interface with military students to train the latest system curriculum for military training preparedness to setup, configure, operate, and maintain the system in the field. In addition, a successful candidate will use their military training and system experience, combined with their commercial training qualification to inject evolving curriculum with the latest commercial principals, enabling students to sit for commercial exams at the conclusion of training. Will act as primary instructor for LAN/ CompTIA.
• Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
• Adapt training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features.
• Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
• Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
• Perform as primary instructor for CompTIA courses to include A+, Network+, and Security+ certification courses.
• Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
• Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
• Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
• Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
• Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
• Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
• Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance required
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree. 4 years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
• 2 or more years’ prior experience
• This position requires the technical understanding and ability to teach CompTIA certification courses.
• Must have classroom instructor experience.
• Any certifications to include CCNA, CCNA, Security+, A+, and Network+.
• Familiar with US ARMY WIN-T subsystems: SIPR-NIPR Access Point (SNAP), , Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical-Terminal SMART-T), Joint Network Node (JNN), Battalion Command Post Node (BNCPN), POP, SNE, RHN, SATCOM, Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT)
• Additional certifications
• experience with developing, delivering, and revising training courses/programs
• Experience with military training
Applying for the position...
We are seeking talented candidates who meet the general requirements above. If you are talented and feel you meet any of the qualifications, please apply on our website - http://thelockwoodgroup.catsone.com/careers/